Job Title: Building Attendant
Under this contract, 22nd Century will assist the University to fill various temporary positions to meet their business needs for short term and long term temporary positions or to supplement temp staff during periods of increased demand.
The duration of employment will vary depending on the specific needs of the hiring department, ranging for either short term or long term assignment.
22nd Century is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, colour, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. 22nd Century’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
- Maintains cleanliness of all public areas including the kitchen, dining room, food service offices, and restrooms by sweeping and mopping.
- Cleans dining area tables.
- Empties and takes out trash, compost, and recycling.
- Removes dirty trays and silverware from floor and brings to the basement dish room to be washed and sanitized.
- Restocks clean trays and silverware.
- Follows all food, physical safety, and sanitation guidelines set for DHFS.
- Follows all policies and procedures of the University and DHFS. Follows all instructions given by supervisors.
- Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers in a busy facility.
- Requires the ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast paced/high production environment.
- Must be able to understand direction that is given to them in English.
Licensing and Certifications
- Food Handler Certification
Knowledge and Skills
- Prior experience in any relevant field is a plus.
- Required to stand for extended periods of time.